FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: September 22, 2014
Announcing the publication of SNAFU and Other Stories
by Miryam Sivan
"An extraordinary maelstrom of mind and sensation."
-- Cynthia Ozick
IN TROUBLE AND IN LOVE?
• Missiles rain down on Tel Aviv. An artist insists on meeting her lover on a street corner.
• A traumatized American living on a kibbutz is drawn to a stray dog.
• Kafka’s grandson fools with a pregnant American woman in southern Tel Aviv.
• An escort service misprints a phone number. A young mother receives phone calls from men who want to meet her.
• A devastating leak throws apartment dwellers uncomfortably together.
Today's headlines make it to the pages of this debut book of short fiction. In Sivan's twelve stories, she takes the reader from New York City to Haifa, from Afghanistan to the Galilee and shows characters coping, and barely coping, with the very serious business of war and love.
Miryam Sivan is a former New Yorker who now lives in the Galilee. She teaches literature and writing at the University of Haifa and writes fiction.
Sivan is available for booking presentations, media appearances, interviews, and/or books signings. Please contact:
The Remember the Women Institute, 2014
11 Riverside Drive, Suite 3RE, New York, NY 10023
Phone (212) 799-0887 Fax (212) 496-8873 E-mail email@example.com
Site design: Allison Hunter Web Design, LLC